Friday, August 28, 2009

#7 "Air Force One"

Stats: 1997. Starring Harrison Ford, Glenn Close, Gary Oldman. R.

Background: In the spring of 1998, I went home with one of my friends for the weekend, and we had a movie marathon and chowed down on KFC (funny the things you remember!). Air Force One was one of the movies we watched. I felt slightly scandalous for watching it, actually, as it was rated R, and I was only 16! Once again, my copy came from Walmart's $5 bin.

Reactions: This movie was just as gripping today as it was 11 years ago. In the intervening years, I’d caught bits and pieces on cable, but I hadn’t watched it from start to finish since that day in '98.

Who wouldn’t want James Marshall (Ford) to be their president? He takes out terrorists, loves his family, and nearly gives his life to protect those on the plane. I suppose that’s a little reckless considering he’s the president, but I’d rather have a hero than a coward as president. Great film!

Verdict: Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...