Wednesday, December 14, 2011

#63 "A Child's Christmas in Wales"

Stats: 1987. Starring Denholm Elliott, Mathonwy Reeves, and Glynis Davies. Not Rated.

Background: Oh, Walmart $5 bin, I am powerless to resist you!

I got A Child’s Christmas in Wales in a Christmas 6-pack I found in the $5 bin (similar to the 6-pack A Christmas Romance was in, only cheaper). Now that I have this 6-pack at home, I can’t even really remember why I bought it. But since I’m always up for a Christmas movie at this time of year, I decided to open it up rather than return it!

Plot: It’s Christmas Eve, and Thomas is sad because it is raining, not snowing. To cheer him up, his grandfather tells him about the many adventures he had during his boyhood Christmases. And at the end of the night, after putting Thomas to bed, Grandpa opens the window to find the rain has turned to snow.

Reactions: I sincerely hope the other films in this 6-pack are better than A Child’s Christmas in Wales! It’s not that there was anything wrong with it; it was just incredibly … boring. Apparently it’s quite the beloved film (just check out the reviews on imdb!), but its 55 minute running time was about 45 minutes too long for me.

Verdict: Keep (because there are five other movies packaged with it)

P.S.: If you're an Amazon Prime member, you can watch it free here.

2 comments:

  1. That does sound pretty boring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have no idea! I watched it while making my decoupage coasters, and I was glad I had something else to occupy part of my brain.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...