Saturday, August 20, 2011

#53 "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"

Stats: 1986. Starring Matthew Broderick, Alan Ruck, and Mia Sara. PG-13.

Background: I’d heard of Ferris Bueller long before I saw it. It was one of those movies I’d hear guys talking about, and I never really had much interest. Then, somehow (I can’t really remember the circumstance), I saw it. And I really enjoyed it. When a friend gave me a gift card to a local video store, this is one of the DVDs I came home with.

Plot: Ferris (Broderick), his best friend Cameron (Ruck), and his girlfriend Sloane (Sara) take a day off of school to go into the city. Hijinks ensue, and Charlie Sheen makes a cameo appearance.

Reactions: Ferris Bueller is fun … in a way that I’d like to see maybe once every five years! I think this is one of those movies where the parts are greater than the whole. I always think of this movie fondly—“Bueller…Bueller…Bueller;” the contraption Ferris rigs in his room to make it appear he’s there; the Chicago parade scene; Ed Rooney’s face-off with Ferris’s sister when they're both trying to prove Ferris is lying. But when I actually sit through the entire movie, I find my mind wandering. If I waited five years to watch it again, I’d probably love it!

Verdict: Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...