Thursday, May 24, 2012

#71 "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader"

Stats: 2010. Starring Ben Barnes, Skandar Keynes, Georgie Henley. PG. Based on the book by C.S. Lewis.

Background: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is my favorite of Lewis’s Chronicles of Narnia. I’ve read it more times than any of the other books, and when I was young, if I ever had a choice as to which of the BBC movies we’d watch, I’d pick Dawn Treader. After the fiasco that was the Hollywood adaptation of Prince Caspian, I was nervous about what they’d do to Dawn Treader. So I was pleasantly surprised to discover that, odd green mist aside, the filmmakers basically followed the plot of the book!

I originally saw it with my sisters, mom, aunt, and uncle on Christmas Day 2010, and I recently picked the dvd up when it was on sale at Target.

Plot: Edmund and Lucy are summoned back to Narnia, along with their obnoxious cousin Eustace, to help King Caspian search for the seven missing lords of Telmar. Along the way, they discover a variety of enchanted islands, and they must find a way to defeat the sinister green mist.

Reactions: Really, this is an enjoyable film. It sticks close enough to Lewis’s plot to keep me fairly happy, and it really is fun to watch! Also, Will Poulter (Eustace) is quite the talented actor! All the funniest parts of the film belonged to him.

Verdict: Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...