Tuesday, October 25, 2011

#55 "Family Plan"

Stats: 2005. Starring Tori Spelling, Jordan Bridges, Greg Germann, Abigail Breslin. PG.

Background: Family Plan is one of those movies I couldn’t help but watch every time I came across it on cable. It ran on the Hallmark Channel, and I’m always a sucker for those movies. (If I could purchase a subscription to watch Hallmark Channel movies online, I would totally do it. Why haven't any cable channels done that yet?) One night, I even stayed up until 2 a.m. watching it—even though I’d seen it before!

A few weeks ago, I needed $7 worth of stuff added to my Amazon cart in order to qualify for free shipping. This was $8. Easy sell. (I have this compulsion to always get free shipping when I shop on Amazon, which I wrote about on my other blog.)

Plot: When the company Charlie (Spelling) works for is bought out by family-oriented Walcott Cookies, she fears for her job. You see, Mr. Walcott (Germann) thinks that family and honesty are the two most important aspects in life, and he doesn’t quite trust someone who doesn’t have a family. In their first meeting, Charlie mistakenly gives Walcott the impression she is married, and she doesn’t do anything to correct his assumption. Suddenly, Charlie needs to “create” a family in order to keep her job. She hires Buck (Bridges), a struggling actor, and her friend’s daughter Nicole (Breslin) to act as her stand-in family. In the process, Charlie discovers that a family just might be the thing she wants most.

Reactions: Could this happen in the real world? Probably not, but it’s certainly fun to watch it play out on television. While I’ve never been much of a Tori Spelling fan, I certainly enjoy watching her in this movie. It’s not deep; it’s not thought provoking. What it is is fun, and that’s sometimes all you need!

Verdict: Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...