Tuesday, June 12, 2012

#75 "Follow the Stars Home"

Stats: 2001. Starring Kimberly Williams-Paisley, Campbell Scott, Eric Close, and Alexa Vega. TV-PG. Based on a novel.

Background: Follow the Stars Home is one of the zillions of movies I taped off TV. I’m pretty sure I saw it when it first aired as a Hallmark Hall of Fame special, and then watched it every time I came across it on cable. A couple years ago, I bought the dvd from Amazon ... but that didn't stop me from continuing to watch it every time I found it on TV!

Plot: Dianne (Williams-Paisley) and Mark (Close) had a whirlwind romance that ended once they learned their child would be born with severe genetic abnormalities. After Mark takes off, Dianne raises their daughter Julia on her own with assistance from her mother (Blair Brown) and Mark’s physician brother David (Scott). When an accident brings Mark back into Dianne’s life, she wonders if perhaps he’s finally ready to be a father to Julia. But David has loved Dianne since before she met Mark, and he longs to care for both her and Julia. How will Dianne choose between the brothers?

Reactions: I love this movie! It’s so sweet … and while the romance is there, it’s more about motherly love. And I love the proposal at the end: “Marry me and eliminate lower back pain.” You’ll just have to watch it to see what I’m talking about!

Also, it’s fun to watch old TV movies and see where people are now: Blair Brown (Nina Sharp on my current favorite show Fringe), Patricia Belcher (Caroline on Bones—she was responsible for Booth & Bones’ first viewer-seen kiss), and Octavia Spencer (Oscar winner for The Help) all have supporting roles!

Verdict: Keep

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...